Friday, November 25, 2011

Who Are YOU?

        "What is the Filipino identity?"

      This has been one of the hardest questions I've ever faced. I could not answer this questions since apparently, I do not know myself. Who am I? What is my purpose? What have I done, or said, to make me a Filipino?

       Patriotism means love and devotion for one's country. I certainly love the Philippines and pledge full allegiance to her, does that mean that I am a patriot? or, in a greater sense, a hero? What does it take to really be a citizen for your country? 

         Whenever you ask other people the question "What is the Filipino identity?", will almost always answer these: Manny Pacquiao, lechon, happy people, rice, short, dark colored skin, etc. These do not actually answer the question, but the fact that we can identify ourselves with others in our country because of similarities is, I think, crucial to finding out what the true Filipino identity is.
             

No comments:

Post a Comment